There is no doubt that Blackjack is one of the easiest games provided by the casinos. This game comes with the lowest casino edge and you can learn this game in just a few minutes. Though Blackjack has quite simple rules and on first glance it seems just a child’s play, yet underneath its innocent façade there is a complicated game mechanism.
There are no sure shot tips for winning in this game other than regular practice to build down the required strategies. Blackjack is a game based on permutations and combinations hence predicting a result till the last card is dealt can be quite impossible. On the other hand if you have time-tested strategies, deep knowledge of the rules and a cool composure, chances of winning in this game are in your favor.
Blackjack just like poker also requires skills. Even though if you are a new player, there are some blackjack tips and tricks which can help you to preserve your bankroll. In this article we will go through some of such strategies in order to make your gaming more successful and enjoyable.
Do’s and Don’ts of Blackjack Tips
Using “Always” and “Never” can be a dangerous preposition while giving blackjack tips. On the other hand there are some actions and strategies which should be avoided or opted for to increase the winning odds. The actions which can be categorized under Do’s category include
- Splitting of pairs of Aces and 8s.
- Standing on 17 or more.
- Hitting on 11 or less.
- Adhering to basic strategy of Blackjack.
Receiving a pair of 8s or Aces is the worst thing which can happen in the game of Blackjack. In this situation it is always recommended to split them. Having a couple of cards with value of 17 or more is a risky situation and a hit should be avoided as it can result in a bust. You can opt for hit if your hand total is 11 or less because chances of getting busted are minimal in this scenario.
Don’ts of Blackjack
There are some situations which should be avoided in all the circumstances. Such actions which come under this category include
- Splitting Tens or higher value cards including jacks, queens and kings.
- Buying Insurance
- Agreeing to the “Dealer’s Rule”.
In the game of blackjack a pair of 10s has a value of 20 which is considered a good hand to defeat the dealer. In such scenario, avoid hitting as it can result in a bust. Buying insurance seems to be a logical choice but it should be resisted as insurance bet works in the favor of the casino only.
Blackjack Tips related with Mental Attitude
Apart from luck and skills, the game of blackjack also requires a balanced mental attitude on your part. A positive attitude helps you to respond logically while a negative attitude can result in unwanted risks. While playing blackjack always try to follow these tips.
- Blackjack like any other form of gambling involves certain risks. There are chances of more than 70 percent that you can end up as a loser.
- You are playing blackjack for fun and money. Do not lose heart in the case of a bad session.
- Only play this game when you are mentally fit and full of energy to participate.
- Avoid all types of distractions.
- Do not drink and play.
- Play at your own pace. Don’t let the outside pressure to rush in the game.
- Always walk away as a winner. Leave the table while you are ahead and never be too greedy.